This delicious British favourite is packed full of berries and topped with almonds to make for a perfect dinner dessert.
No. of Serves:
- 1 x 85g packet Aeroplane Original Port Wine Jelly
- 1/2 cup each fresh raspberries, blueberries and strawberries (chopped)
- 1 x 300g packet swiss roll sponge (jam filled), sliced and cut in half
- 1L Vanilla Flavoured Custard
- 1 x 300 ml thickened cream, whipped
- 1 x 110 g flaked almonds, toasted
Prepare the Aeroplane Original Port Wine Jelly according to pack instructions, and set aside to cool.
Pour cooled jelly in the bottom of a large glass dish and add berries. Refrigerate until set.
Place sponge slices on the set jelly and pour on top the Vanilla Flavoured Custard.
Top with cream and flaked almonds, as desired and leave covered in fridge overnight to allow sponge cake to soak before serving.