A stunning looking cheesecake that is surprisingly simple to prepare. Great for special occasions all year around.
- 1 Heat mango syrup in a small saucepan until simmering remove from heat and stir in the Aeroplane Original Mango Flavoured Jelly Crystals until dissolved. Add additional 1 cup (250 mL) cold water, transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until semi-set.
- 2 Line base of a lightly greased 20cm round spring-form cake tin with baking paper. Place crushed biscuits in a medium bowl, add melted butter and stir to combine well. Spoon biscuit mixture onto the base of prepared pan and using the back of a spoon press biscuit crumb evenly over base. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or freeze for 10 minutes while making filling.
- 3 In a small bowl combine gelatin and ½ cup (125mL) boiling water, stir until fully dissolved. Set aside.
- 4 Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar on medium until smooth. Add cream and beat on medium speed for 1 minute or until combined and smooth. Reduce speed to low, pour in gelatin mixture and beat for a minute to combine well. Pour half of this mixture over the biscuit base and place in freezer for 15 minutes to set quickly. Place half canned mango slices over cheesecake filling and pour half of the cooled jelly on top. Return to freezer for 15 minutes to set quickly.
- 5 Gently spoon remaining cheesecake mixture over jelly and again place in freezer to set quickly. Place remaining mango slices evenly over cheesecake and pour over remaining jelly. Refrigerate for a further 2- 3 hours or until firm. To serve, remove spring form and place on a serving plate.