INGREDIENTS 12 SERVINGS
- 2 x 85 g Aeroplane Original Port Wine Flavour Jelly
- 1 x 400 g sponge or jam roll, sliced
- fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 x 800 g can peach slices in juice, drained and juice reserved
- 1.4 kg double thick vanilla custard
- 300 mL thickened cream, whipped
- ½ cup flaked almonds, toasted
- 1 Prepare the Aeroplane Original Port Wine Jelly according to pack instructions, pour into a trifle bowl (approx. 3 L capacity) and refrigerate until set.
- 2 Pour the custard over the set jelly, top with peaches followed by the cut cake or jam roll. Drizzle 2-3 tablespoons of the reserved juice over the cake layer.
- 3 Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. To serve; Top with whipped cream, strawberries and a sprinkle of flaked almonds.
You can change up any of the layers of your trifle - more jelly or a different flavoured Jelly. Less custard, more custard or homemade custard. Lots of cake or a little less cake. For a more adult trifle, substitute the peach juice for sherry.