Who can say no to cheesecake? This dessert has it all, fresh berries, peaches, jelly, custard and cream cheese. Great for special occasions all year around.
INGREDIENTS 12 SERVINGS
- 1 x 85 g Aeroplane Original Port Wine Flavour Jelly
- 200 g plain biscuits, crushed
- 125 g butter, melted
- 250 g Madeira cake, cut roughly into 3 cm cubes
- 125 g fresh raspberries, plus extra to serve
- 1 cup canned sliced peaches, drained (juice reserved or sherry (optional)) and diced
- 3 tsp gelatine powder
- 375 g cream cheese, at room temp
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla custard
- To Serve
- 300 ml thickened cream, whipped
- fresh berries
- 1 Prepare the jelly as per pack directions using 100 mL less cold water. Refrigerate until almost set & the consistency is pour-able but firm (this takes approximately 1 hour & 15 mins). Invert the base of a 6 cm deep, 22 cm spring-form pan and line the base and sides with baking paper.
- 2 Combine the biscuit crumbs and butter, spoon the mixture into the base of the pan, pushing down firmly with the back of a spoon to level. Randomly position the cake pieces and fruit over the base and drizzle over a 2-3 tbsp reserved juice or optional sherry. Once jelly is almost set but still able to be poured, pour over the fruit and cake base cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firmly set.
- 3 Place ¼ cup (60 mL) of boiling water in a small heat proof bowl and sprinkle over the gelatine powder then using a fork whisk until gelatine is dissolved completely. Set aside.
- 4 Place the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla into the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Add the custard and gelatine and continue processing until smooth and well combined. Pour over the cake and jelly base. Chill for a minimum of 4 hrs.
- 5 Carefully transfer cake on to a serving plate and decorate with whipped cream and extra fruit of choice. Any fresh berries compliment this cheesecake. Try substituting Aeroplane port wine jelly and raspberries with mango or lemon jelly with blueberries.
Best news - it can be made in advance!