Tastes like summer on a plate!
INGREDIENTS 6-8 SERVINGS
- 2 x 85 g Aeroplane Original Mango Flavour Jelly
- 1 L vanilla custard
- 1 x 425 g tin mango in syrup, drained
- ½ cup boiling water
- 125 g fresh raspberries
- 1 plain sponge cake, cut to fit (store bought or homemade)
- ½ cup full fat natural yoghurt
- ½ cup thickened cream
- ¼ cup toasted flaked almonds
- fresh mango, diced
- fresh mint leaves
- 1 Line a loaf pan (22 cm x 8 cm x 8 cm) with baking paper allowing 5 cm overhang on all sides. Place mango slices in a food processor and process until smooth. In a small heat proof bowl, combine boiling water and Aeroplane Mango Flavour Jelly and whisk with a fork until dissolved.
- 2 Place custard in a medium saucepan over medium heat and stir for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat and stir through the jelly mixture, add mango puree and stir well until combined.
- 3 Strain mixture through a sieve into a jug. Pour into prepared pan and drop ½ of the raspberries evenly into the mixture, submerging the berries. Cut the sponge to fit the top of the pan and place sponge on top of the mango panna cotta, gently pushing into place. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for minimum of 6 hours or overnight.
- 4 Combine yoghurt and cream and whip until firm. Invert panna cotta onto a serving plate and top with yoghurt cream, flaked, almonds, raspberries, mango and mint leaves.
Adding chopped mango and mint leaves (plus the raspberries), takes your garnish up a notch!