A well-known favourite always welcome at any morning or afternoon tea.
INGREDIENTS 12 SERVINGS
- 150 g plain sweet biscuits, crushed to resemble a fine crumb
- 100 g butter, melted
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 x 395 g can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 x 85 g Aeroplane Original Strawberry Flavour Jelly
- 2 1/2 teaspoons gelatine powder
- 1 Line a 20 cm square pan with baking paper. Combine crushed biscuits and melted butter, stir to combine well. Press biscuit crumb evenly over base. Refrigerate while making filling.
- 2 In a bowl combine boiling water and gelatine, stirring well until gelatine is completely dissolved, then stir through the condensed milk. Set aside to cool to room temperature. Pour mixture over the biscuit base and refrigerate until set (1-2 hours).
- 3 In a second bowl, prepare Strawberry Jelly according to packet instructions, using 100 mL less cold water than directed. Allow to cool completely. Gently pour jelly over set filling and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until jelly is set. Slice to serve.