- 1 Using a large spoon, scoop out and remove flesh from the watermelon, setting aside for another use (for best results, remove ALL the pink flesh, leaving the white and green outer rind intact).
- 2 Place the watermelon shell in an appropriately sized bowl to hold the shell. Be sure to make shell stable and easy to move.
- 3 In a jug or large bowl, place the watermelon jelly crystals and the gelatin. Mix with a fork until combined. Pour 2 cups (500mL) of boiling water over and stir continuously until all the crystals and gelatin are dissolved.
- 4 Pour the jelly into the watermelon shell all the way to the rim, making sure your watermelon is as level as possible. Allow the jelly to cool completely then drop ⅓ of the blueberries or choc chips into the jelly randomly. Place in the fridge and set a timer for 10mins. When the timer goes off add another ⅓ of the blueberries or choc chips and repeat with remaining blueberries or choc chips. Place in the fridge and leave to set for 4 hours or overnight.
- 5 To serve, use a sharp knife and slice the watermelon jelly into wedges.
If you would like to use a large watermelon, cut it in half, scoop out the flesh, then fill the halves with water and measure how much liquid they hold. For each litre capacity you will need:
- 2 x Aeroplane Watermelon Flavoured jelly crystals
- 1 litre boiling water
- 1 ½ tbsp gelatin
TIP - if your jelly doesn’t reach the top of the watermelon half, trim the watermelon rind once the jelly is completely set.