A decedent dessert with sophisticated flavours and none of the guilt.
INGREDIENTS 8 SERVINGS
- 1 x 147 g pack chocolate cream biscuits, no added sugar
- 125 g (½ cup) butter melted, unsalted, divided
- 2 egg whites
- ¼ cup (54g) caster sugar (or erythritol/ inulin sugar substitute)
- 2 cups (140 g) shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 2 tbsp dark cocoa powder
- 1 x pack (2 sachets) Aeroplane Jelly Lite Mango Passionfruit
- 1 x 170 g can passionfruit pulp, strained & pips discarded
- 300 ml lite milk
- 2 x 53 g sachets Aeroplane Lite Chocolate Mousse Mix
- fresh passionfruit and blueberries to garnish
- 1 Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Invert base of a 20 cm x 6.5 cm deep spring form pan, lightly grease and line the base and sides, allowing a 4cm extended collar. Place biscuits in a food processer and process to a fine crumb, add ¼ cup melted butter and pulse to combine well. Lightly press biscuit crumb evenly over the base, set aside.
- 2 Whisk egg whites by hand until foamy, gradually add sugar and whisk until combined. Fold through the coconut, cocoa powder and remaining butter until well combined. Lightly and evenly press the coconut mixture over the biscuit base and smooth the top flat with a spatula. Cook for 20 -25 minutes or until firm. Allow to cool in pan completely.
- 3 Combine both sachets of jelly and 1 cup (250mL) of boiling water and stir dissolving jelly crystals well. Add a cup (250mL) of cold water and the strained passionfruit syrup, stir well. Refrigerate for approximately 1 hour or until the consistency of a thick syrup.
- 4 In a medium bowl place milk and sprinkle over contents of both mousse sachets. Using an electric mixer beat on low for 30 seconds to combine, scrap down the sides and continue beating on high for 4 -5 minutes or until the mousse becomes light and fluffy and has doubled in volume. Spoon over the cooled base, smooth the top and refrigerate.
- 5 Once jelly is set to the right consistency gently pour over the mousse layer and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight until set firm.
- 6 Remove spring form and place cake on a serving plate. Decorate with fresh passionfruit and berries.