This ridiculously easy-to-make fridge cake is sweet, tangy and creamy. Guaranteed to hit the spot with layers of crumbly ginger biscuits with a touch of zesty citrus.
INGREDIENTS 12 SERVINGS
- 85 g Aeroplane Original Lemon Flavour Jelly
- 600 ml thickened cream, chilled (plus extra)
- 1/4 cup icing sugar mixture
- 1 zest of a lemon
- 250 g 2 packs Ginger Nut Snap Biscuits
- TO SERVE
- optional extra whipped cream
- remaining biscuits
- fresh berries of choice
- 1 Combine jelly crystals and ¼ cup (60 mL) boiling water and mix well. Set aside. Invert the base of a 20 cm springform cake pan and lightly spray with oil, then line with plastic wrap covering the base and sides with a 10cm overhang (the oil helps the wrap to stick to the pan).
- 2 Using an electric mixer, whip the cream, icing sugar and lemon zest to firm peaks. Then fold the jelly mixture through.
- 3 To assemble the cake, line the bottom of the tin with a tight-fitting layer of biscuits then spread over ¾ cup of the cream mixture. Repeat, slightly offsetting the next layer of biscuits so they’re not sitting directly on top of each other. Keep layering, aiming for 4 layers, finishing with a layer of cream. Store any remaining cream and biscuits for decoration. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for minimum of 24 hours.
- 4 To serve release the spring-form, peel away plastic wrap from the side and using a large slide, carefully lift the cake from the plastic wrap, placing onto a serving plate. Decorate with any remaining biscuits, or homemade ginger bread people, cream and fresh berries.